PDA

View Full Version : Wreck of the Hesperus ~ USS Texas

Lupe
05-07-2009, 09:04 PM
ON
[USS Texas]
[Bridge]

Hernandez looked at the orders, reading them over again. He looked up at the Helm. "Set course for the coordinates I am sending you, maximum warp."

He tapped his badge. "Major Wylerunner, Lt. Damian to the Bridge please."

<tags>

OFF

Lt. Commander Hernandez
CO USS Texas

Lupe
05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Down several decks in his secondary office, the hulking Marine looked up from the PADDS he's been working on. Being assigned as the XO to a starship might be a good career move, but it did bring paperwork...

...a lot of paperwork!!!

"Affirmative - on my way now Sir..." - the Vargr growled back at the the comms net, then he pushed his way back from the desk...

Standing up, the tip of the grey and white furred shaggy ears nearly tipped the seven foot mark, and the huge head now turned to the only other occupant of the room - "Lieutenant - finish these off if you would and pass along anything that needs my spe-cific auth-or-rity..."

The other occupant was Lieutenant Jangro, apparently human but marked apart by the steelgrey and black prosthetic left hand that showed from the sleeve of her tunic, and that eyepatch that lent an air of dashing recklessness to her demeanour. Never a frontline trooper - her speciality had been comms and inteligent interfaces - she'd been injured during a mission in the Vacoan campaign four years back, but had remained in the corps, and had excelled as an administration expert of great repute. Wylderunner had found her assigned to his staff three months past - and had realised soon after what an asset she was when he inherited the XO's duties...

There was little about the running of the ship that Jangro didn't know about, and though not in the formal chain of command for the Texas, she was an invaluable adjudjant and assistant for the Garou...

Jangro nodded - "Yes Sir..." - she inclined her head towards the speakers - "...do you know what the summons is for...?"

Wylderunner shook his head in a very human manner - "no - but I feel that I will - soon - find out..."

With that - and with three long strides, he loped out and disappeared down the corridor...

(OFF)

MW-B/Wylderunner

Lupe
05-10-2009, 10:03 AM
[Bridge]

As the turbolift opened Hernandez glance up. The Marine might be huge but he could be as quiet as a... Cait.

"Starbase 36 received a ship down buoy from the USS Hesperus, she was filled to the gunwales with Marines for some Hazardous Environment Combat training. The message is only three hours old, and it will take us four hours to get to her last known location. It's in a asteroid field, and there is an Ion storm going through. It will clear the area in approximately twelve hours." Hernandez recited the information he had. "The Hesperus was a Nebula class and she had a troop pod attached, as you might expect. The fact that a buoy was deployed implies that there was not an anti-mater breach. And the Marines were kitted up for Hazardous Environment."

Hernandez looked at Wylderunner eyes. "You know the Marine equipment better then I, what should we expect to find?"

<tag>

Lupe
05-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Wylderunner paused as he thought for a moment; he looked over at the scrolling starscape on the mainscreen then back to the captain as he spoke...

"A standard troop pod would be ... carrying ... between 148 and 156 troops plus another 10 to 16 command cadre..." - his Federation was guttural and halting, but understandable - "...and if the pod is ... unbreached ... and still drawing power then with recyclers running they could be safe pr-act-i-cally in-de-finitely..."

Wylderunner paused then added - "...or at least untill food ran out..."

He looked aside and then went on as he warmed up - "...If the pod was running on its own ... power ... sourcing, then I expect it to run out of emergency power for life support and en-vi-ro-mental controls in 72 to 108 hours; it may be possible to draw more power from powercells on onboard equipment but that would ... depend ... on the mission fit and the in-no-va-tive ... skills ... of the cadre..."

(Hernandez...)

The garou Marine CO shrugged - "If the pod was breached Haz-Env kit would keep a Marine alive and ... func-tio-ning ... for six to eight hours on a single charge - longer if power and air was rationed. We have no idea to the ... number ... of charge bottles aboard but I would ... expect ... there to be no more than three per Haz-Env suit..."

"..of course - if they had to go Haz-Env on and that precludes any attempts to salvage the ship or effect repairs..."

(OFF)

MW-B/Wylderunner

Lupe
05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
He looked aside and then went on as he warmed up - "...If the pod was running on its own ... power ... sourcing, then I expect it to run out of emergency power for life support and en-vi-ro-mental controls in 72 to 108 hours; it may be possible to draw more power from powercells on onboard equipment but that would ... depend ... on the mission fit and the in-no-va-tive ... skills ... of the cadre..."

"But they are in an asteroid field, they could have taken an impact... the ship down buoy does not release unless something traumatic happened to the ship." Hernandez put in.

The garou Marine CO shrugged - "If the pod was breached Haz-Env kit would keep a Marine alive and ... func-tio-ning ... for six to eight hours on a single charge - longer if power and air was rationed. We have no idea to the ... number ... of charge bottles aboard but I would ... expect ... there to be no more than three per Haz-Env suit..."

"..of course - if they had to go Haz-Env on and that precludes any attempts to salvage the ship or effect repairs..."

"So we could find them with nothing worse then running low on refreshments, or as bad as the last cc of O2 in their suits." Hernandez hazard, "and there is no telling till we get there."

<Wylerunner>

Hernandez nodded, "yes, that is SOP, 'prepare for the worst hope for the best.' Have a team kitted up for the worst case scenario, I will have a cargo bay prepped for housing and alert Sickbay that there maybe casualties."

<Wylerunner>

Hernandez looked at the PADD again. He knew a Lt. Commander would not continue to command a Sovereign class ship on detached service so the final lines of his orders would probably be the solution to that. "Once we have recovered them we are to report to Starbase 36 for our new assignment."

Lupe
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
ON
[USS Texas]
[In an asteroid field, and the tail end of an ion storm]
[Bridge]

Hernandez looked at the fuzzy screen, the asteroid was the size of a moon, charcoal grey, pockmarked and misshapen. But the part that caught the eye was the white object laying across it's surface. The Hesperus was lying bottom up on the asteroid where it had hit and slid into place by the marks on the rock behind the ship. It looked like it only stopped when the sauser had jammed deep into a fisure. Frozen moisture clung to areas of shadow on the rock and whisps of vapor were still hanging where the hull was exposed to the ion bonbardment. She had a hull leak, several, but there was a chance that there were living beings still in there. The secondary hull for instance and the bottom half of the sauser were both relitivly untouched. There were no lights visible but the view screen was to distorted to be absolutely sure on that.

"No response from our hails Captain." The Tactical Officer informed them, "I can't get a clear reading either, not with this ion storm going on."

Hernandez looked over to Wylerunner, "Major, take a party and a runabout over there, the storm will be down to low enough levels for mass transport in about two hours, prep them for it, and evac the serious wounded with the Runabout."

<tag Wylerunner>

OFF

Lt. Commander Ruban Hernandez
CO USS Texas